Thursday 1 May 2008

PLAYMOHISTORY

I'm beginning to get somewhat familiar with the communities of playmoaddicts, and I can notice two main streams of working the hobby. There is the customization, and there is the story-telling.

I have been paying atention to this for one particular reason, according is my own interest in turning myself again to this toy (& lifestyle) after so long, which I intend to bring here, in this blog, as long as it goes & grows.

The playmoaddict community shows some very talented people. There are great photographers. I think -- however still fresh, in my own criticism, experience in the matter -- that the best photographers are the customizers (or maybe vice-versa, customizers become the best photographers ...). They search for the final image, and they work toward it. So, they don't mind much about tearing klickies' parts apart, or cutting them, or molding them (...) as long as they get a final aesthetic effect that pleases the purpose of a concept searched, for the pictures intended. Story-tellers, on another hand, have their virtue in the development of interesting and entertaining actions. Aesthetic perfection don't seem to matter more than klickies involved in well conceived situations.

Both ways of playing are lovely, and well represented in the www playmocorners.

The idea of a hobby is entertaining he who searches for it, I think, in a healthy way. The web allows the playmobilians to share with each other our own playings, get ideas of new ones, share what we do and think.

No comments: